The Sustainable Agriculture Community Development Programme (SACDEP) was established in 1991 by a small group of Kenyans who were keen to explore the complexities of why Kenyan People were getting poor in the face of the generation and spending of enormous human, natural and financial resources.
Kenya is rated as one of the African countries with a well structured agricultural research, training, extension network, and yet millions of families lack food and agricultural income security. SACDEP advocates that external resources do not create development. Rather, they come in to catalyze the slow process of changing people’s lives positively.
Upon provision of knowledge and skills, farmers are informed and empowered. They are thus able to design and follow their desired destiny in life.
To achieve this, SACDEP works on the following programmes.
• Farmers mobilization and organization into agricultural development units/groups for full and proactive participation in resource mobilization
and rural development initiatives
• Conducting hands on training and exposure to the groups in all aspects of agriculture – production, processing, marketing or Organic products.
• Training and supporting farmer groups in the creation of a savings and credit culture.
• Documentation of Sustainable Agriculture Principles and using the same to inform and influence development policies, approaches and practices.
• Networking with the development Institutions of Government, funders, NGOs and individuals committed to Sustainable Development and empowering of people.
Contact: J. Ngugi Mutura
Address: PO Box 1134 - 01000, Thika, Kenya
Tel: +254 67 30541; +254 67 30547, +254 20 261 4690
Fax: +254 67 30055
Latest Photo Albums