The ABN's Vision
Vibrant and resilient African communities rooted in their own biological, cultural, and spiritual diversity, governing their own lives and livelihoods, in harmony with healthy ecosystems.
The Purpose of ABN
To ignite and nurture a growing African network of individuals and organisations working passionately from global to local level, with capacity to resist harmful developments and to influence and implement policies and practices that promote recognition and respect for people and nature.
ABN Core Values and Principles
ABN is a network that supports and builds relationships and links between groups and individuals that share a common vision and values. We derive our strength and orientation from nature, diverse African cultures and a strong sense of community. We stand for:
• Diversity and mutual respect for ethnic, cultural, spiritual and biological wellbeing in present and future generations.
• Transparency and accountability as underlying principles of how we work so as to enable equal, inclusive and full participation.
• Solidarity with those working for justice for people and nature.
• Commitment, courage and tenacity to promote ABN core values and to defend and implement its principles.
• Transformation of individuals and organisations as catalysts of change.
The following drawing depicts the ABN's back to roots approach - addressing the impact of colonialisation and oppression to find Africa's true voice once more...
Latest Photo Albums